We are offering an in-depth study of yoga for practitioners who are ready to dive deeper in to the art and science of yoga. In this 200-hour training we will explore in-depth:
- Extensive study of anatomy - including why and how yoga works from an anatomical stand point.
- Pranayama- techniques and the effects on the body
- How yoga asanas support theories of modern medical science
- Fundamental breakdown of the surya namaskaras and other foundational poses with emphasis on alignment, technique and modifications
- The art of sequencing asanas for an intelligent practice
- How the systems of the body work together and the effects yoga has on these systems
- How yoga opens the energy pathways in the body to promote health and wellbeing – including study of the meridian lines and chakra system
- Diet – the importance of eating whole, organic foods
- Study of yoga kriyas, the koshas and prana vayus
- Modifications, hands on assisting and adjustments
- The origins, history and philosophy of yoga
- You will observe classes, administer hands on assisting during class, as well as put together and teach your own class
- Tuition includes unlimited yoga for the duration of your training
- Required reading - The e-book Vraaja Yoga The Anatomy of Sequencing and Anatomy Guide. A link and access code will be sent upon registration.
What makes this training unique?
Tommy and Lori have been studying and practicing yoga together for over 17 years. They have been sharing their love and knowledge of yoga as teachers at their private studio for 13 years. Together and individually they have studied with celebrated yoga teachers Ganga White, Tracy Rich, Saul David Raye, Max Strom, Shiva Rea, Annie Carpenter and several others.
Tommy's extensive study of anatomy is complemented by Lori's knowledge of the energy pathways within the body. They are the sole instructors of their training and of all the classes they offer at their studio. This dynamic lends itself to offer you a focused, total immersion in to the practice and study of yoga.
It seems as yoga becomes more and more popular, more and more specialty certifications are emerging. Arguably, does someone need a 200 hr. certification and beyond that a separate certification to teach restorative, a separate certification to teach pre-natal and so on? We believe what you really need is an understanding of how the body works and how yoga effects the body - whether it be a sweaty, flow class or a relax deeply, meditation class. If you have an understanding of the anatomy and physiology of the body and compassion for others you can teach whatever type of yoga your heart desires. If you are willing to roll up your sleeves and study and learn, in this 200 hr. yoga teacher training we will give you the tools you need to follow your passion.
Accommodations available. Call for more information 805-931-0331
Private Mentorships and Residency Trainings
We are one of the few studios around who can offer private mentorship trainings year around. You will receive all of the information and training required of our 200 hour group training but it's done at your own pace. We believe yoga should relieve your stress not add to it. We will work with your busy schedule.
We also offer you the opportunity to stay onsite during your training. Spend 14 days completely immersed in yoga teaching and philosophy. During your stay enjoy the grounds, infrared saunas and miles of beautiful coastline near by. Meals are provided including a light breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Who is this for?
Anyone interested in taking their yoga practice to the next level whether it be for your own self-inquiry and discovery or your desire to share the art and science of yoga as a teacher.
Why take it?
We are on an invigorating path of scientific discovery as Integrative Medicine is showing us there has never truly been a division of western and eastern thought. We are reaching beyond the mysticism to ever evolving science, which in turn is leading us back to ancient healing philosophies. As a yoga teacher you can open a door for someone to embark on a path to self-discovery, self-healing and a state of wellbeing.
All 200 hour trainings are Yoga Alliance registered trainings.
Total Cost: $2900 (10% Early bird discount)
Private mentorships: $3900
Residency training: $4900 (incl. light breakfast/ lunch/dinner)
Call to discuss mentorship and residency scheduling 805.931.0331