Summer Intensive Yoga Teacher Training July 2017
200 Hour Teacher Training
July 22 to August 4, 2017
Monday – Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.,
Saturday & Sunday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
(Includes breaks and lunch)
We are offering an in-depth study of yoga for practitioners who are ready to dive deeper in to the art and science of yoga.In this 200-hour training we will explore in-depth:
• Origins and history of Hatha Yoga
• Pranayama- techniques and the effects on the body
• How yoga asanas support theories of modern medical science
• Fundamental breakdown of the surya namaskaras and other foundational poses with emphasis on alignment, technique and modifications
• The art of sequencing asanas for an intelligent practice
• The key muscles of yoga and how they work in asana
• How yoga opens the energy pathways in the body to promote health and wellbeing – including study of the meridian lines and chakra system
• Diet – the importance of eating whole, organic foods
• Yoga kriyas
• The art of Sanskrit
• The four yogas and the eight limbs of Ashtanga Yoga
• You will observe classes, administer hands on assisting during class, as well as put together and teach your own class.YOGA ALLIANCE RYT 200 HR APPROVED CERTIFICATE UPON COMPLETION OF COURSEWe take a very non-dogmatic approach to teaching where observation and inquiry are always welcome and encouraged.
Who should take this course? Anyone interested in taking their yoga practice to the next level whether it be for your own self-inquiry and discovery or your desire to share the art and science of yoga as a teacher.
Why take this course? With the uncertainties of today it seems sincere yoga teachers are needed now more than ever. Yoga can empower people to find their inner strength. One can find through yoga the confidence to fall is the readiness to walk. Yoga in a sense pulls away the curtain and lets your true light shine through. We are at a juncture in healthcare where it is time to reconnect with our bodies. If you take the time to bless the body, the body will bless you back. We are on an invigorating path of scientific discovery as Integrative Medicine is showing us there has never truly been a division of western and eastern thought. We are reaching beyond the mysticism to ever evolving science, which in turn is leading us back to ancient healing philosophies. As a yoga teacher you can open a door for someone to embark on a path to self-discovery, self-healing and a state of wellbeing.
Traveling from out of town? Call us for a list of accommodations to suit your needs. 805.931.0331
Total Cost: $1575
$300 Deposit required by July 1, 2017