200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training at Warrior 1 Yoga in Bakersfield, CA Begins June 9, 2018
Join us as we partner up with Warrior 1 Yoga in Bakersfield to conduct our 200 hour yoga teacher training based on the Vraaja Yoga method of teaching.
Warrior 1 Yoga
13019 Stockdale hwy
Bakersfield, CA 93312
The training will unfold over 10 months - one weekend each month From June 2018 to March 2019:
June 9-10, 2018
July 21-22, 2018
August 18-19, 2018
September 15-16, 2018
October 20-21, 2018
November 17-18, 2018
December 15-16, 2018
January 19-20, 2019
February 16-17, 2019
March 16-17, 2019
Saturday and Sunday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
In this 200-hour training we will explore in-depth:
- Extensive study of anatomy - including why and how yoga works from an anatomical stand point.
- Pranayama- techniques and the effects on the body
- How yoga asanas support theories of modern medical science
- Fundamental breakdown of the surya namaskaras and other foundational poses with emphasis on alignment, technique and modifications
- The art of sequencing asanas for an intelligent practice
- How the systems of the body work together and the effects yoga has on these systems
- How yoga opens the energy pathways in the body to promote health and wellbeing – including study of the meridian lines and chakra system
- Diet – the importance of eating whole, organic foods
- Study of yoga kriyas, the koshas and prana vayus
- Modifications, hands on assisting and adjustments
- The origins, history and philosophy of yoga
- You will observe classes, administer hands on assisting during class, as well as put together and teach your own class
Required reading - The e-book Vraaja Yoga The Anatomy of Sequencing and Anatomy Guide. A link and access code will be sent upon registration.
What makes this training unique?
Tommy and Lori have been studying and practicing yoga together for over 17 years. They have been sharing their love and knowledge of yoga as teachers at their private studio for 13 years. Together and individually they have studied with celebrated yoga teachers Ganga White, Tracy Rich, Saul David Raye, Max Strom, Shiva Rea, Annie Carpenter and several others.
Tommy's extensive study of anatomy is complemented by Lori's knowledge of the energy pathways within the body. They are the sole instructors of their training.This dynamic lends itself to offer you a focused, total immersion in to the practice and study of yoga.
It seems as yoga becomes more and more popular, more and more specialty certifications are emerging. Arguably, does someone need a 200 hr. certification and beyond that a separate certification to teach restorative, a separate certification to teach pre-natal and so on? We believe what you really need is an understanding of how the body works and how yoga effects the body - whether it be a sweaty, flow class or a relax deeply, meditation class. If you have an understanding of the anatomy and physiology of the body and compassion for others you can teach whatever type of yoga your heart desires. If you are willing to roll up your sleeves and study and learn, in this 200 hr. yoga teacher training we will give you the tools you need to follow your passion.
Registration fee: 3100. Payment plan available.