Thai Yoga Therapy 1 Certification begins Aug 12
Every 2nd Weekend of the Month August through December, 2017 from 1 to 5 p.m.
August 12 & 13
September 9 & 10
October 14 & 15
November 11 & 12
December 9 & 10
As with yoga I want to share this work with everyone I possibly can. I hope you enjoy the journey as much as I have.
The Theoretical basis of Thai Yoga Therapy
Thai Yoga Therapy is an ancient healing system that is an all-encompassing combination of massage, acupressure, yoga like stretches, energy work and meditation.
The techniques and philosophy behind Thai Yoga Therapy focus on the flow of energies within the body by massaging and stretching the sen lines or energy lines and centers. These energy lines and points are major junctions of muscle, vessels, ligaments, and joints, which hold vital life force also known as prana within the physical body. Through Thai Yoga Therapy the energy system of the body is brought in to balance by opening the places that are blocked and freeing the places where there is too much.
Some benefits of Thai Yoga Therapy:
Release of muscle tension
Release of mental and emotional stress
Strengthening to the immune system
This course will give you a solid foundation in the art and science of Thai Yoga Therapy.
You will learn:
• How to give a full body treatment.
• Proper body mechanics to ensure a safe and effective massage for both the giver and receiver.
• Explore the 10 primary sen lines of Thai Yoga Therapy and what parts of the body they connect with.
• How to work with common ailments such as back pain, stress, stiff neck and shoulders, anxiety and depression and more.
• The benefits of restorative yoga
• Cleansing techniques
• The five Koshas or energy layers
This course will unfold over five weekends. Practitioners who successfully complete this course will receive a certificate of completion. If you wish to earn a Thai Yoga Therapy Practitioner certification additional home study and practice is required after the course.
Course fee: $1025 (non-refundable)
10% Early Bird Discount if you register by July 1, 2017